Monday, February 7, 2011

HARD INC SATURDAY RUN / SWIM - 45 MILE SUNDAY RIDE

    I can not keep up with this blog every day so........ I will begin to write for two to three days at a time. Charlie called me on Friday to see if I wanted to run with his team on Saturday morning. I jumped at the opportunity. I called Chris to see if he would join me and we went out to the city park track early Saturday morning. We met up at 7 am and it was about 33 degree's outside. We started by doing a little warm up run around the museum. That was followed by a tempo run. I think I averaged a 7:45 sec mile for 20 minutes. That was followed by a fifteen minute cool down run. I think we cooled down at an 8:45 mile. Total we did about 6.1 miles. Later that evening Chris and I met up at elmwood and swam. It was a lot of fun doing a little training with a real TRI team. Chris and I had a lot of fun and it was a great learning experience. The people of Hard Inc are beastly!
    Sunday was a endurance ride day. Chris and I rode 45 miles. I think we averaged about 18 mph on the way out and coming back I probably did about 15 to 16. Chris kicked my ass. He was about a mile in front of me. The wind was killer coming back. I am not really sore today just a little tired. I ended up blowing a tire at about 42 miles in. I had an extra tube so I fixed my tire and got back to the car. I am starting to feel a lot more confident about the Half Iron Man! I think the hardest part about this sport is the discipline it takes to get up every day and train. We are training when we are sick, when it is really cold, when we are hurt, when we are sore, when we are not emotionally up for it, and when we should be spending time doing other things in our lives that are probably more important.  I can not wait to race on April 17th. This is starting to get to be a lot of fun! The harder the challenge the more I love it.

"We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Maryanne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment