Monday, February 21, 2011

Some Things to Never Forget

      This weekend was jam packed with craziness! It started on Saturday morning. Chris and I got in the pool at about 7:15 am and swam about 2500 yards. We did a ladder workout. That is short distances to larger distances then back down the ladder ...all at a pretty high intensity. As soon as we were done we got packed up for our 35 mile bike ride and got on the river where it was super foggy. We started riding and my legs were immediately not cooperating because of the speed work we did on Thursday at the City Park track. I pulled it all together and we ended up banging out the bike averaging about 17.2 or so mph. (I have to check the garmin to know for sure.) I got to be really tired and cranky on Saturday night.
       Sunday, I got up at 6 am and got ready to meet Hard Inc., Charlie, and Chris at the run clinic with Nate Singleton from the San Fransisco 49ers. I got there a little early and was able to get in a 3/4 mile warm up on the track. Soon after everyone else showed up and we got to work. Nate showed us many agility drills, proper running technique and form. He was also VERY VERY motivational. He spoke about attitude, confidence, negativity, and hard work. He stressed that you need to believe in yourself, and bring a confidence with the way that you present yourself that makes everyone notice. He told us that it is very important to not let negativity on any level into your head. He used the example of training on a really hot day. The second you start to tell your self its really hot out is the second that you allow negative thoughts to develop in your mind. Everything Nate said was very informative, and I am sure that I will use every bit of his training for as long as I can use my legs for running.
       Later that day Chris, Jonathan, and I met up at the park to do some bike run bricks. We ended up only having enough daylight to finish two of the three bricks. We rode 15 miles then ran two right after and repeated it twice. My little cousin Jonathan came along and rode the first 15 with us and ran as much as he could after. He did a great job! I really was impressed with his work ethic. He has come a long way with his knee injury and is now getting really interested in this madness of a sport. Chris kicked ass as usual..... he made everything look really easy. He is improving tremendously in his running. It is awesome to watch someone get better and better every week. I feel myself getting stronger in every aspect of the three disciplines. We have been training really hard and it is starting to really pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment