Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Can you say?????????

      Last week was pretty awesome. My diet has been very good and my energy level is super high. Friday afternoon I ran 6 miles and introduced a new type of speed work that I had read about in Triathlete magazine. I modified it a little. I ran 2 miles at an all out pace I repeated this twice and then did a two mile cool down. Saturday morning Chris and I met up once again for a big swim. It felt as if we swam... and swam... and kept swimming for about 2 hours. Sunday it got a little cold so I had to do my bike run brick on the trainer inside my parents house. ( Bike 15miles, Run 2 miles immediately after bike) repeat 3x) These repeats really start to kick your ass after a while. This week is the last week in the endurance phase of training. I have a big week to get through and next week is a rest and recovery week. I am really not looking forward to resting. I know that my body probably needs it.

Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” - Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment