Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How to Start a Fire!

       I was happy with the way last week went. I had a good 10.5 mile run on Thursday, followed by a mile swim on Friday. The weekend was nothing short of excellent. Saturday was a 15 mile ride followed by a 3 mile run, then a 30 mile ride followed by a 6 mile run. Sunday, Chris, Charlie, and I rode with a spinning instructor from Charlie's gym. I think I averaged about 18 mph... we did about 45 miles. Later that day Chris, Gina, and I had a 1.2 mile open water swim in the lake. This was the first open water swim for Chris and I. It went better than I expected. Swimming with a wet suit is really easy. It helps with keeping your body very buoyant. We really lucked out because Sunday was a beautiful day and the water was calm. I expect my next open water swim to be a little more intense and I hope to see some bigger waves just in case the water is not that calm for race day.This week is another week filled with three bricks and a long run tomorrow. Next week is the last week of intense training before the race. I look forward to finishing the Half Ironman so I can continue training for the next shorter race, the 5150 series. 

"catching the fruits of our labor
Holding our hearts in our hands
Waiting for you to sound a prayer in the form of an anchor
Reply by holding you up in a ??
Lets set this city ablaze
We'll learn to start a fire" - further seems forever

       

No comments:

Post a Comment