Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Balance

"Every now and then the things I lean on lose their meaning  And I find myself careening
Into places where I should not let me go.  She has the power to go where no one else can find me And to silently remind me Of the happiness and the good times that I know, got to know" - James Taylor

    Yesterday's workout was a success. I did legs, core, then did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I feel strong mentally and physically. I still have the remnants of this cold. Mostly just a runny nose. Today I will hit the pool as soon as I get off of work. The swim consist of a variety of drills.
     Furthermore, I have this problem letting my goals consume a huge part of my life. All I do is think about this race. If I know anything about myself I know that when I want something bad enough ........I will do everything it takes to get to where I want to be.  This is an asset, but it causes problems in my personal life and my relationships with my friends, family, and co-workers. No one wants to hear about a triathlon every time they see me. It is obvious to everyone where my passion lies. I just need to work on finding a balance.  I think my girlfriend is noticing a side of me that she really doesn't understand yet. She is doing a great job of bringing me back down to normalcy. I just get so overwhelmed with everything going on in my life it is sometimes hard to relax. That's what the James Taylor quote is about. It just reminded me of Natalie when I heard the song on the way to work this morning.
      Tomorrow is a run day.

No comments:

Post a Comment