Saturday, January 15, 2011

The will to prepare!

Todays swim was 1700 yards followed by a 70 minute bike ride. I killed the swim and struggled a little with the biking. I bought a bike trainer and the lowest resistance I can put it on was kicking my ass. I Kept pedaling until I hit about 65 min then had to get off the bike. I could have easily pushed through it but my ass was hurting from my bike seat so bad I could not take anymore. I stopped with 5 min left and chalked me not finishing up to the extra shit ton of laps I did in the pool. I was a little upset with myself for that five minutes. My legs are usually pretty tired come saturday morning. Otherwise, I thought the workout was successful.
This evening I stopped by Charlies. I had a couple questions to asked mostly stuff about the training program that I have been following. He took a look at it and thought it looked good. He asked if I could do the required 1300 yard swim workout on the intermediate level in my training guide. I quickly and proudly responded that I did over 1700 today freestyle and he was quite suprised. The only other tips he had was to make sure I cut back my weight training to two days a week. One day lower body the other upper just as I have been doing. He also said to make sure I leave 24 hours between running workouts. We talked a little about swim drills and techique then I left feeling pretty happy about my progress over the last couple weeks. I am pretty tired tonight.I hada healthy dinner catfish, squash and zuchini) that filled me right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment