Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Explanation

FAT RON

I decided to start a blog to record my progress up to April 17th 2011. That is the date of the New Orleans Half Ironman. A Half Ironman is a 70.3 mile race that consist of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run. Recently, I have become quite the fitness geek challenging myself with a demanding training schedule and setting goals to improve my health and lifestyle.


Furthermore, a little background on myself is probably necessary to get and readers up to date on how I got myself into this mess. (not that anyone is reading this) Sooo.... to keep the story short; I went through a really nasty break up with a girl who I been with for a really long period of time. Afterwards, I was fat, unhealthy, and really depressed. Needless to say, I was determined to make some very important changes to the way I was living my life. So I did!


I have always been impressed by the way certain athletes can be inspirational to many people without any personal connection. For me the person that inspired me is an incredible athlete that happened to be my next door neighbor. Some people go through life living a certain way totally oblivious to the fact that there actions are inspiring many, and making small changes in the way that people love themselves and others.

SMALL RON- far left with Dad and Corey
I used to think it was really kinda gay that grown ass dudes would put on tights get on strange but cool looking bikes and ride 30 to 40 miles at a time. Yeah so.... this was Charlie my next door neighbor! Really lean dude with curly blond hair. Looked like some kinda of surfer dude from California more than a triathlete to me. Anyways, I had a huge gut, man boobs, and I couldn't run a block with out needing an ambulance. I decided to ask Charlie for some advice. He explained to me what I needed to do in order to lose weight... all the fun stuff that you don't wanna hear like cutting calories. Boo on that shit! Well, I had no other choice. I started by cutting calories, and swimming. Then I started running and lifting and in the spring I started biking, only because I got an old English racing bike from my Grandpa that he was throwing out of his boss's garage. I have lost almost 70lbs, finished my first Half Marathon in 1:54:26 and intend to complete my first Half Ironman in April! That's my story!
Today's Workout: - Legs and Core (strength training) Light Cardio
"Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord your God, he it is that does go with you; he will not fail you, or forsake you" - Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment