Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Go Get Some

Yesterday was my off day. I got some bike parts in through the mail and took a bunch of time out to fit myself and make adjustments and modifications to my bike.  On my way home, I stopped at East Bank to look for a new seat. There I met this dude named Jonathan who was very helpful with explaining to me more about my riding position and being comfortable on the bike so when it comes time to run your legs core and upper body are not so fatigued. He then let me take home a test seat to try and use for a couple of days to see if I liked it. We ended up bullshitting a little more about triathlons, swimming, and what I should expect in my first triathlon. He then gave me his phone number and told me that I could join him and his buddies for some open water swims next month. He explained to me that a bike/run bricks are the most important thing to do while training. He also said that it is very important to get into the lake to swim before not only because of the waves and the sighting but because the current can make you sea sick. Jonathan explained that sometimes when you get out of the water it is hard to regain your bearings. I consider myself a sponge when it comes to learning about anything I am interested in doing well in. So far I have found triathletes to be extremely helpful. Any questions I ask I seemed to get bogged down with loads of information about anything and everything I need to know. The passion surrounding this sport and the athletes that complete are some of the nicest people I have ever met.
Furthermore, I feel very comfortable on my bike after I completed the set up. Today's workout is 10min warm up 10 min cool down and 4 miles running at L2 pace. I woke up at 4:45 am and ran. I will hit the gym to lift tonight for some upper body and core strength training.

Today's workout: Run 4miles @ L3 pace
Cool down 10 min @ L1
Upper body and Core strength training

NOTHING GREAT IS EVER ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT PASSION!


No comments:

Post a Comment