Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's all in Your Head

      Monday was a much needed off day. I probably ate a little more than I wanted to but will make up for the extra calories today. I weighed myself on Sunday and I was 156.4 lbs. I am down about 4 from Christmas. That means I am averaging a little less than a pound per week. My diet is okay to say the least. I need to stick to my plan a little better but I struggle a lot with food. Today's workout is core and lower body strength training with an optional 50 minute elliptical or row. My plan is to do about 30 minutes on the elliptical then do legs and core. I should be in the gym for a little over an hour. My confidence level is high and I have stopped obsessing as much about the small details. I am trying to train my mind to stop sweating  the overwhelming challenge of a half iron man. Training my mind to be positive about my workouts and not overloading my mind with negative thoughts seems to be just as big a struggle as the long runs, swims, and rides. I take everyday as a small challenge instead of looking a week or two forward and worrying if I will ever be able to accomplish some of the longer endurance bricks. If there is one thing I have learned about the human body is its incredible ability to adapt and grow. The more you put it through the more it can handle. Above is a picture of my little cousin Garic at his birthday party. I found it to be really cool that he tried to climb the ladder in the space walk and shortly after failed. He then looked at me and said " I can't" I then said back to him "yes you can, I am right underneath you in case you fall" .... to make a long story short by the end of the party he was climbing the biggest ladder in the place by himself. I snapped this photo because I thought it was one of the most inspiration thing I have ever witnessed. The power the mind has over the body should never be over looked!




No comments:

Post a Comment