Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Swim the Body Fat the Bike


Chris and I at Ole Man River H.M.

   Yesterday's workout felt great. I swam 1550 yards freestyle and completed all the required drill sets. I practiced reaching further out with my arms to acquire more of a pull through the water. I did a drill I found online that tells you to swim freestyle with your hands making a fist. This felt really strange but it is supposed to show you how your important your arms are in propelling your body through the water. My legs are sore today and my congestion is getting a little worse. I have been going to sleep early every night to ensure that I get the proper rest needed for my body and mind. I hope I can kick these cold symptoms soon.
        Before my workout I had a body fat assessment at the gym. As of this moment I am 5'-5" tall 158 lbs with 15% body fat. The print out they gave me says that if I get to 153lbs I will be at 12% body fat. My goal is to be in between 8 to 12% body fat come race day.
        As I was leaving the gym yesterday my cousin Chris was just getting there for his swim. He is really my only training partner.  It keeps me motivated to train with someone who has the same goals as me and a great work ethic. I know that when it gets warmer and it comes time to cycle he will always be pushing me to go a little faster and to be a little bit stronger when it hurts the most. His strong suit is biking! The kid is a beast on wheels! I feel more comfortable when my feet are touching the ground. Today is a ride day. I think I am supposed to do about 80 minutes on the bike at a variety of intensities. It should be simple. I just get a little bored riding indoors. I might text Charlie to see if I can borrow the trainer I found in his workout room so I can get some seat time on my bike. If not, Pandora and I will be rocking a spinning bike at the gym in a dark room all by myself.
    Last night when I got home from the gym Natalie made me some grilled chicken with mixed veggies.What a Woman! She obviously read my blog about the struggle with my diet and my post dinner sweet tooth. She was even gonna make a low fat pie for me. I told her not to worry about the pie and she made me eat a small piece of fruit later that night when I got hungry. My diet is healthy. I eat a very balanced diet and try to stay away from any sweets and red meats. My rule is to always count calories and try to keep it natural. Veggies, Fruit, chicken, fish, pork, wheat breads & pasta, skim milk, low calorie cereals, oatmeal, and yogurts. What you eat is your bodies fuel. It is very important for me to stay focused on what I consume on a daily basis.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"- USMC

No comments:

Post a Comment