Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Workouts

Friday night was a good break from the tri mindset. Chris , Lauren, Natalie and I went out for dinner and Ice cream. We ate a bunch of food... then ate more, and more. The next morning I woke up ready for the days workout. It was an hour and ten minute bike ride at various intensity levels and a six mile run. The bike felt way more comfortabke than my last ride, and I felt way stronger. The workout was not a brick but I decided to get it all done in the AM. I ran about 20 minutes after I finished biking and felt awesome. I believe I averaged 8:45 mile for 6 miles. The rest of the afternoon I was really hungry. After burning about 2500 calories you get pretty hungry.
Today, I went hunting in the morning then swam in the afternoon. I swam 1700 yards pretty quickly. The intensity should have been medium according to the training plan. I felt like a fish. I ordered my wetsuit on friday and look forward to some open water swimming next month. While riding to church on the northshore Saturday evening I was looking out across the lake thinking about how much fun its gonna be to get in the lake with a wetsuit. Way too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment