Thursday, January 13, 2011

RUN, BACKHAND, DONE!

      Yesterday's swim was lacking. I just didn't feel like my form was correct. I then made more adjustments and tried to slow down even more and concentrate on my stroke. I notice that when I swim faster my form is a lot better and I feel more fluent propelling myself through the water. I believe it is harder to swim freestyle slow because when you do not kick hard enough you don't make enough wake to breathe correctly. This sacrifices my form because I am more concerned about getting air and I forget to concentrate on what I am doing. This weeks swim felt no where near as good as last weeks until the end when I did some speed drills. I am gonna try to hit the pool a little off schedule this weekend and next week to work on some form related issues. Just like a beginning runner needs to jog and build up to running... then build on that to sustain more endurance for long distances. Swimming is the same way. This evening is gonna be crazy. I got this Backhand show at 9pm. I have to get in 7 miles running and some drills before that. It should be a long fun night! I have been looking forward to this show for a long time!

"My friends say I'm not the same, they say that I've really changed and all cus I met a southern belle they say I've been actin strange"- Backhand (Justin R) - The pic above is Paul, Brian, Justin, and I at Cypress hall in 2001. Feels like it was yesterday. Time goes by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment