Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Somethng I already had"

     Ever since I can remember I have been swimming.  Today's workout was a 1600 yard swim. When Natalie and I arrived at the gym Chris was already swimming.  I shared a lane with him and got to kicking. I went a little overboard. I finished at a little over a mile. Probably about the same distance I will swim in the half ironman. I feel very comfortable in the water.  I spend a lot of time researching the correct way to swim freestyle, I listen to tips by my peers, and I ask many questions. I then go practice what I have learned. This seems to be working because I feel like a fish!
    This morning I woke up feeling a whole lot better. I think I am finally kicking this cold! AWESOME! Tomorrow is an off day that I am looking forward to. This week starts a new phase of training. It is called the aerobic phase. Work outs get a little longer, paces get a little faster, and more blocks are introduced. I am looking forward to more challenges in my training. My body feels very healthy and strong. My upper body is a little sore but that is typical when lifting weights. My weight today was 157.1 and my attitude is good. My confidence is high and I feel like the hulk. ;) This week is gonna be a lot harder than last.  I look forward to training harder.

 "I swim for brighter days despite the absence of sun choking on salt water... I'm not giving in!..... Swim!"- Jacks Mannequin

No comments:

Post a Comment